Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

Out and About

We had a great time running around town on Sunday. In spite of much lack of sleep I went to church anyway, and heard a great sermon from a friend of mine. Then after coming home and eating chicken and soup I had made the night before (note to self-always do that, it makes Sunday rock so much more than fighting for the suchi buffet at Rusan's) along with leftover communion bread. The bread was a great sourdough. We normally use wafers, but the sacristy lock became jammed requiring the minister's wife to take a quick trip to Publix. After a brief rest watching the Braves on TV we went to a driving range out on Buford Highway where I practiced putting while my husband practiced driving, chipping, and putting.

Then we went to Plaza Fiesta, an old mall turned into a Mexican style open market inside. It reminded me a lot of parts of Tijuana without the seedy. Lots of families, good mariachi band, great international farmers market. We got a spring roll along with some nori and crab stick for sushi at the farmers market and intended to get a taco or pastry or something later in the open market but we got too hot. So later we went out to Lettuce Souprise You for a nice dinner of salad which helped beat the heat. What a great day!

Also, Friday, we went to a Braves game with a friend of ours from Korea who lives in our apartment complex and goes to school with me. That was lots of fun as well because we won! and there were fireworks! All in all a very cool weekend.

Comments:
Hi Anna,
My husband and I are coming to Candler school of theology, and I wanted to ask you about the on-campus housing. I figured since you're living there, you'd be a good person to ask. I didn't see an email address on your blog, so I'll give you mine: wendymarie@gmail.com
Hope you won't mind humoring me. Thanks! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives