Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

One reason I don't like creeds

Do not attach yourself to any particular creed exclusively, so that you may disbelieve all the rest; otherwise you will lose much good, nay, you will fail to recognize the real truth of the matter. God, the omnipresent and omnipotent, is not confined to any one creed, for, he says, “Wheresoever ye turn, there is the face of Allah.”

-- the Sufi mystic Ibn al-Arabi,
quoted in The Spiral Staircase, by Karen Armstrong
Courtesy of Grateful Bear

Comments:
Greetings from a fellow blogger! I just discovered your blog, and I'm honored to be linked here. I've posted a link to you at the Blog of the Grateful Bear, under "Atlanta Friends with Blogs." Hope to meet you someday; I'm in Marietta, near Kennesaw Mountain.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives