Sunday, September 25, 2005

 

Virginia Highland Church

We've been to Virginia Highland Church about 4 times now, and can't seem to get up the energy to go anywhere else right now. It is very comforting as far as the people and liturgy is concerned. We tell them how we will be visiting other churches because I need to see different denominations and worship styles as a seminarian, according to my professors and classmates, so hopefully they understand we will not quite be "regulars" for a while. I would like to find a church we feel at home in by Christmas season if possible, but I don't want to rush things either. It is hard to navigate this church hunting thing, both logistically and emotionally. It's so much like dating, searching for "the one" without jumping in to deep commitments too fast, but wanting to spend enough time with one to see if they are "it" yet not too much so deep commitment doesn't occur. I've always been more of the going with my gut type, which actually did serve me well in finding my husband, but I'm trying to follow everyone's advice this time and not go too fast.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives