Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

First Day of School

Wow, that was totally overwhelming to a degree I had not anticipated. Going to school full time and working part time on call is very different than working 8:30 to 4:30 5 days a week and taking classes one-at-a-time. I was able to see some of my new acquaintances, so there was a little familiarity in the midst of all the strangeness. The classes were fine, but I kept fighting sleep. Syllabus reading is so boring. But once the material starts, the lack of the morning crisis adrenalin I had become dependent on as a social worker shouldn't be so much of a problem. I enjoyed the chapel service and sang in the choir, but even during the sermon I had trouble staying awake and engaged and I was on the front row, right in front of the Dean. How embarrassing! I am going to love my new job, but the unscheduled hours, stop by my office when you're free and I might be there, not knowing how much work I will have to do, having to do the work at home while Jim is talking to me and and watching the Braves, is frazzling me so much. That is something else I didn't anticipate, but the professor I am working for is preparing for the big event with Marion Wright Edelman in September and things are supposed to quiet down after that, thank goodness. No homework tonight. I am just going to veg out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives