Saturday, September 24, 2005

 

Birthday Fun!

Today for my birthday, we went and shopped and walked around Little Five Points, this quirky neighborhood on the east side of Atlanta. It was so fun, and I got some sunglasses ($5) and some earrings ($6) so they have some great deals. We had some pizza at a place I used to go a lot called...little 5 points pizza! And it was still great pizza and a fun atmosphere. I loved it. Jim was so sweet to go in all those stores with me to look at clothes, shoes, and earrings, and we went in some record stores too, for both of us.

Then we went to Target, and I got some new shoes that are really comfortable, kind of like knockoffs of the Clarks I saw at Abbadabba's in Little Five for $129, only the ones at Target were only $25 each. They won't last as long, but I like new shoes every year or so anyway, to keep up with style at least somewhat, and prevent wearing tired looking shoes around just because they're so comfortable. Target shoes tend to last about a year for me, maybe less now that I'm walking more. We'll see. I didn't find the bookshelf or bathroom cabinet I was looking for, though. I will check a few other Targets and then if I have to, order them online. I really wanted to look at them in person, though.

All in all, a fun birthday so far. It made me feel young and fun and hip, and we're going to the Braves game tonight, so the fun's not over yet!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives