Tuesday, August 30, 2005

 

Whirlwind City

So tornados spun off from Katrina destroyed parts of one of my favorite uber-cheesy vacation spots. In the grand scheme of things, though, so many people have lost homes, even lives to this big storm, and New Orleans appears to still be underwater, according to the Weather Channel. The poorest people in New Orleans, Gulf Shores, Biloxi, Mobile, can't afford motels, or fast food, or anything right now, and likely have no homes to go back to. Red Cross is soliciting donations, and a group from Candler is talking about going somewhere this weekend to help if possible. Please help any way you can.

In not very related at all news, I have been in a bit of a tailspin myself with all the incoming student type stuff this week. In the past two days, I:
got my student ID,
met my new boss,
got my books,
got an umbrella (which I probably should have gotten when I heard a hurricane was hitting the gulf, but I'm really not that together),
filled out a krazillion forms,
attended a reading and writing for theological education workshop,
walked a labyrinth,
took two tours of school buildings,
tried to figure out the shuttle bus schedule (and failed),
gave up and decided to walk several times after getting tired of waiting,
got lost,
walked up a really big hill and back down again when I could have taken a shortcut between two buildings instead,
showed up at the right place on the wrong day,
showed up at the wrong place at the right time,
showed up at the right place at the right time without even knowing it was where I was supposed to be,
met 40 people all of whose names I will never ever remember.

I'm really really frazzled right now and I have to go set out refreshments and attend an ICMMA meeting in about an hour. But tomorrow, blissful empty day-ness awaits. Hubby keeps saying I should start reading my textbooks. He's on crack.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives